Tuesday, April 26, 2016

An Update on all things Desing

I've been flying sort of under the radar lately, and there's a good reason. I have recently been accepted into the doctoral studies program at Grand Canyon University, pursuing a doctorate in educational leadership K-12. My end goal is to move from being a classroom teacher to a building or district level administrator, and ultimately into the role of superintendent of schools somewhere.

My journey has already started, and the initial reading is already daunting. Everything I have read and encountered suggests that I am going to need to make this a key focus of my life, putting all of my free time (and much of my currently allocated time) into my studies... for the next three and a half years.

So while this doesn't mean that I will not be writing any more RPGs or publishing any more game content, it means that I am shifting my priorities around considerably, and I don't see any way that I will be able to publish with any frequency or consistency.

I'm very glad for the decision I made to publish games under a creative commons license. I hope that the games I have published continue to live on and grow despite my relatively minor involvement in their development for the foreseeable future.

I plan to try to maintain a weekly schedule with Teaching Ted, since that requires a minimal commitment at this point to keep it rolling. I'll be taking down my Patreon page in the next few days (to keep people from being charged for next month), and I'd expect that I'll be even scarcer of a presence here.

I wish you all well on whatever path your road continues to lead you. I would truly appreciate your prayers as I head down mine.

All my best.


Monday, March 28, 2016

Lincoln Station Stories

+Christopher Cortright has posted his supplement for Sentinels of Echo City, a city sourcebook called Lincoln Station Stories. It's a solid city resource (and is more fully developed than my own setting, Echo City, which has only been presented in broad strokes so far). Just reading through the book I had a half dozen ideas for adventures, and he's got some cool, unique concepts throughout that give the setting flavor. You should head over to rpgnow and throw a few dollars his way!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Lulu Free Shipping

Dang. Wish that I was finalizing a Kickstarter today... although for you it might be a good time to get caught up with some books you're missing. Just saying.

Lulu has free shipping today. Here's the e-mail they sent me...

It's everyone's favorite discount - free mail shipping. That's right, the books you want delivered free. Here's a tip to save money and make it easier on your postman, divide your larger deliveries into smaller orders. 

Today only, enter code GLOSHIP75 at checkout and get free mail shipping. Expires tonight,  March 22 at 11:59 PM. Remember, coupon codes are CASE-SENSITIVE.

The fine print: This offer is applicable to listed products only.  Weight and destination restrictions may apply. This offer cannot be combined with other offers and cannot be applied to previous purchases. 

Order today and save on shipping.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Teaching Ted Kickstarter

So I've launched a KS for something completely non-gaming related. I'm collecting my webcomics for Teaching Ted into one volume, and I've got some teacher swag to go with it.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Twitter Stuff

I don't know how many of you care about twitter, but I have an account there in case you want to follow along with my occasional musings and comic updates:


Kirby from the new ants comic has set up his own account as well:


And by the way, a new ants page is up today. So there's that.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Get Yer Free Shippin Here!

Thanks to +magehammer Chad for the heads-up. You should be able to use code MARSHIP to get free shipping at Lulu for the next day or so... it looks like it's US only, but now might be a good time to stock up on some books... just sayin'.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Shards of Tomorrow Revised and in Print

Look at me, a whole 50 minutes early!

The revised pdf for Shards of Tomorrow is now available on RPGNow. This includes minor corrections based on the errata that people had suggested or which I had found. I ended up not including an appendix on companions, because I wasn't really happy with how it was turning out, and I decided to save it for the next issue of Splintered Realms Magazine.

You can also order your copy of the print edition now, BUT if you purchased the pdf, you should follow the link in the revised file (bottom of the last page) to get the $5 discount on the print edition.