Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Inside the Termite Mound

As I think (in my minimal free time) about the next phase of Army Ants game stuff, I've been thinking about termites. I intentionally left these little buggers out of the core rules, because I thought they would be a great source of expansion as I grew the game. I see the termite mound as the megadungeon of the game world, and wanted to leave it, and its inhabitants, painted in the broadest strokes I could to leave myself room for exploration. I've tried to map out a few rough sketches of the inside of a termite mound, but haven't found the right feel for it that distinguishes it from other environments...

Then +Dyson Logos started posting maps by Kevin Campbell and I realized that this is what I've been looking for. I don't want to just cop the guy's style... but I totally want to cop the guy's style. It's got a great organic, chaotic feel that I just love. I just see little termites crawling around in dark building their doomsday machines...

No comments:

Post a Comment