Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Another character for the game I'm not writing

Let’s try another hero and see what happens… 4d6, keep highest 3:

10; 7; 9; 11; 14; 17

Much closer to a ‘normal human’ except for that 17. Interesting…

I roll 2 for origin. Construct. Gets +1 to AC. Okay then…

I roll 6 for powers.

08           Burglary
30           Fear
75           Serial Immortality
44           Healing
47           Leaping
83           Stun

Okay. He’s totally an animated scarecrow. It’s not even close.

I could trade out, but it’s more fun to try and make sense of this all. I’ll also keep the stats I rolled and won’t bother min/maxing.

STR 11 (+2); INT 7; WIS 9 (+1); DEX 17 (+5); CON 14 (+4); CHA 10 (+2)
AC 16 (10 base +6 from DEX +1 from Construct); hp 10; Feat +9; Move 30’; punch +3/1d4+2

He was created by a powerful magical princess in a fairy tale land (an alternate dimension) after she read a bedtime story about scarecrows, and she didn’t like it that they were mean and snuck into your house in the middle of the night. Sure, they did that, but only because they liked people and wanted to heal them. They don’t actually kill anyone, just stun them. That makes them nicer. He was created, and then fell (or was pulled) through a wormhole into our world. He’s sort of lost without his princess maker. He can be killed (he dies at 0 hp), but is instantly reborn at the beginning of the next turn, emerging from the closest pile of straw (even if the closest straw is thousands of miles away).


His name is Straw Man

Again, this is a very weird character that I would never intentionally make through a point build system... but it's also a much more interesting character than another variation on the Thing.

I think I need to put together a few characters of mid level and run some superhero combat against a big bad or two. Not that I'm play testing. Because that would mean I'm writing another game. And I'm just not going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment