Friday, April 5, 2019

49 Dungeon Denizens Now Live

The good news: I posted a day early!

The bad news: I ended up cutting from 66 to 49 monsters.

My original idea was that the books would be a title page, 6 pages of content, and the OGL. I like that model. I thought I could squeeze 66 monsters into that, but I was wrong. I just barely got 49 in. I could have expanded out two more pages, but I actually like how this feels, and it's sustainable: I can make a few more of these with themes and create 49 monsters each time. I already have the outdoor one (wanderers of the wild or something) started, and I assume there will be an outer-planar one after that. I don't know if 'dwellers in the desert' gives me enough ideas for 49 monsters, although I am thinking of doing a riff on the Desert of Desolation series, and that would either be an appendix to that, or a special release with the monsters that will be used in that particular set of adventures.

I digress. Module B1: 49 Dungeon Denizens is now live. Go get yourself a free copy. If you feel like dropping a tip, that would be great.

Now, I'm off to work on the Stalwart Age #2... going to try and post that this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment