Sunday, July 24, 2022

Before And After: The Storm Page 1

I have twice started a story called "The Storm", but I'm going with the whole "third time's the charm" thing. I cannot find the second version which I started about five years ago, but I did find the original page from 2001. I figured I'd put it here along with the new page 1 I just did today... you can see how different my style is, even though some of the basic things in my drawing are unchanged. I'm pleased with how clean and crisp my drawing is now, even though it may not have as much energy as it did. That is one of my goals - to get some of the kinetic energy back into my style that I've lost since I've been working digitally. However, the modern work is (to my mind) vastly superior in almost every way, so I'll take the temporary setback with dynamism on the page. 

The original page is a picture I took; I didn't feel like dragging out the scanner and then re-formatting the page. It's a bit blurry, but you get the idea...




No comments:

Post a Comment