Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Home Stretch

I have been slacking a little on the blog because I've been doing the bulk of my posts on the KS page (which makes sense)... but I thought I'd just do a little bit of a less formal check-in here... 

First of all, my focus has been on getting some high-resolution images done for key characters that appear on merchandise (that is now live to KS backers). Tonight, I did a re-draw for Moon Girl, and I really like how she turned out...

I've been amazed at how enthused and engaged people are, and I apologize if I haven't followed up with you quickly. On the one hand, I'm doing this entire Kickstarter on my own, but on the other hand we're all kind of doing this together. I have several emails (special thanks to Aldo!) with suggestions, edits, the side projects you guys are working on, and all sorts of amazing stuff. I'm SO grateful to the community that is coming together to support this project, and I am working on keeping up with all of you.

Personally, I got back to teaching this week (our first day with students was yesterday), and I've lost my voice (like I do the first week every year), but I'm meeting some really great kids that I'm lucky to work with this year. I'm not sure why, but everything in my life right now seems to be touched by magic. This Kickstarter, my classroom, my students... I'm lucky that some really special things are happening in my life right now, and I think I'm even more lucky to realize that something special is happening, and to appreciate it for what it is. The dream of every teacher is to have students who want to learn and are excited to be there; it is the dream of every designer/creator to have people excited about and engaged with their work. I'm (literally) living the dream right now. Whatever you've contributed to that, I'm truly, truly grateful.

Seven days to go, and I think we could still hit another stretch goal (or two!)


3 comments:

  1. Huzzah! That's great to hear, Mike! Thanks for sharing your positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND ... I'm loving Moon Girl, AND ... I can't wait to get my mitts on Stalwart 85!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your enthusiastic support - and all of the feedback you've given me.

      Delete