Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Should Probably Be Mad...

Someone has decided to go ahead and put up a pdf of the 2nd edition of the MTDAA rulebook... while I'm not exactly keen on the whole 'infringing on my copyright' thing, I also can see that this is a product that has been officially out of print for some time. I want to build an audience. I want people to want to get it. At the end of the day, I want you to have it!

I would really have liked it if usunom had been kind enough to drop me a line and ask permission first. I probably would have given him the 'go ahead'... as you can see, I'm sharing the link with you rather than trying to get the link taken down, so I suppose you can see where I stand on the whole thing.

I had offered to post this edition for free as one of the stretch goals on the Kickstarter, but we didn't hit that goal. I would have done it myself anyway, but it's pretty labor-intensive to get the whole book up there. It's up, and it looks complete, although it's got some funky formatting things that happened in the scan.

However, if you've been wanting to see what 2E looked like (and this edition is the closest in tone and general design to the one I'm working on now), then feel free to go over and download it.

Tell 'em Mike sent you (like anyone is going to ask).

1 comment: