Monday, April 15, 2013

M is for Making Progress with Scanning!

I've worked out the logistics, and thanks to some help from friends and family, I've got my laptop cleaned up (thanks, Dad!) and operating efficiently, and I've got a process for scanning pages that gives me sharp images that I'm very happy with (thanks, Katie!)... just in the last day and a half, I've scanned nearly 100 pages. Here's a sample... check out that cross hatching in the fourth panel. I had TOTALLY forgotten that I experimented with that technique for a bit. I pretty much dropped it for 15 years until +Dyson Logos inspired me to start playing with it again.

As I go, I'm touching up pages with a thin Faber Castell artist pen, adding a few more details and some additional linework - however, most of the pages are holding up much better than I had dared to hope. This book is going to rock!