Saturday, June 8, 2013

Army Ants Character Sheet

I've developed a few drafts of a character sheet and hated each one. I finally decided to draw the whole thing by hand and see where that went. I went back in and typed all the text (since my handwritten lettering didn't hold up so well when scanned) and I think it's getting there. I'm tempted to go back and make some of the boxes more uniform, but I love the organic quality of the whole thing. Feel free to give some feedback. I'll be tweaking it slightly (most likely) but this is probably where it's going... EDIT: Made several revisions and posted it again... here's the better one:



5 comments:

  1. OK, honest feedback here...

    I'm not fond of the how the satchel looks, but I like the concept of using an image of a satchel to contain the character's equipment. I think that a more rucksack looking image might look better.

    Also, perhaps an image of a dog tag surrounding the Name, Ranks, Specialty, and Serial # fields would look nice.

    That being said, I am glad to see progress on the RPG side of the project! :D

    Keep at it, Mike! Your efforts and works are appreciated by your fans. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.

      Mayhaps some structure for scrawl in the trait box...

      Honestly, I'm not sure about having the serial numbers, but options, options, options!

      Looks good. I'd use it.

      Delete
  2. Dog tags are cool... I like that. As far as the rucksack, it is better than my first draft! Still and all, I can work at it. It is hard to get it to evoke a military satchel and still leave room to write the gear in. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I just thought of this... how about drawing an army footlocker around the equipment section?

      Delete
  3. Oooh... That sounds good! That solves the problem and would look cleaner. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete