Friday, August 30, 2013

Maybe I Should Have Been An Accountant

Because clearly numbers are what people want to read blogs about! Seriously, my blog saw a HUGE spike over the last two days with this post aboutmy Kickstarter and a breakdown of the money.
Here are some stats for you (since you clearly like stats so much):
- Typically, my blog gets about 50 hits for any posting I do. A low-traffic post gets about 30 hits, while a high-traffic post will garner upwards of 75 hits. I go over 100 once in a while, and 163 was my previous ‘record’ for number of hits on a single posting. That posting garnered 251 visits.
- Typically, I’ll get a handful of +1s for posts that people particularly like – if I hit 4, I’ve done really well. That post got 15!

Not only that, but traffic on my webcomic is up as well!

On a typical day, my webcomic gets about 125 hits, with occasional spikes when I release something new or when I’m especially active on the forums. My webcomic has generated an average of 175 hits over the last four days. The number of unique visitors is up as well, from an average in the teens about a month ago into the lower 20s for the last few days.

These numbers may not be staggering, but they represent an awesome trend from my point of view! I really feel like my work is gaining some traction and generating some awareness. It’s pretty cool. This is especially heartening after I swing by various webcomic forums and read about hard-working creators who find it hard to generate more than a few hits each time they post.

I want to keep the pedal to the metal, too! The webcomic interface will be undergoing a facelift in the next week or so, and I’ll be releasing the first MTDAA RPG newsletter, the Army Ants Adventure Journal, which will be ‘pay what you want’ (so you can get it for free, if that’s what you want!) on RPGNow (assuming I can figure out how the ‘pay what you want’ works…).

I’d love to step up the publication schedule on the webcomic for the month of September, but I need to get a few more comics ‘in the can’ before I do that. I don’t want to hit the end of September and run out of strips and then go dark for a few weeks while I get caught up… I would rather know that I have enough strips backlogged to keep publishing regularly. We’ll see what the next few weeks bring on that front.


Thanks for swinging by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment