Sunday, March 2, 2014

Into the Vaults

I finally got around to scanning some of the maps for Vault of the Goblin that we've been using for our play testing of the new rules (since I was already scanning the pages for my Army Ants Webcomic update). I haven't keyed this map yet, but I know where many things are.

I particularly like the layout for an entry to the complex: it is effectively two levels that interconnect at a few key points. You can only get to the north or south doors by going east or west, and you can only get to the east or west doors by going north or south... most groups will start at the very center, although you can teleport in via one of the two circular pools (from outside locations) and some of the outer chambers (through the double doors in the east, north, west and south) lead to exterior entrances as well.


2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful map, both visually and especially design-wise. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I am pleased with how it turned out, and I feel like I'm getting into a mapping 'groove', which is good - I want to turn out about 15-20 of these to put together my megadungeon project...

    ReplyDelete