Monday, July 1, 2024

Rolling Forward

First of all, this is unapologetically a riff on Mr. Freeze. This character, and particularly his presentation in the New Batman Adventures, is perfect. So, I just ripped it off. Sue me. (No, I don't mean that LITERALLY, DC Comics... jeez).

Second of all, I'm starting to see this project as something of my magnum opus. It's the most complete game I've designed, in the most complete world I've created, with a complete novella that supports it. I'm thinking that EVERYTHING (so the three game books, the novel, and a bunch of other stuff I make during this summer) is going to end up in the Ultimate version of Stalwart. I'm thinking of trying to do something bigger with this - a Kickstarter or a real solicitation or something. I don't know yet... but the wheels are turning.

I think this is the book that I carry around with me for the next ten years and say to people, 'here's the best thing I ever made'. I want to do everything I can to make this as special as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Once you finish then you need to make the cartoon. Six Seasons and a Movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course... I've got the scripts written already.

      Delete