Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year - Here's a Bazzak Warbeast

Happy New Year!

I'm enjoying watching Notre Dame play well in the Fiesta Bowl as I do some drawing... I made some vague references to several creatures in the rulebook as I write (mostly just for flavor), and one of the first is a Bazzak. So, I thought I'd draw one. I figure that the rules might only have 10 or 15 exemplar beasts with a system to randomly generate your own beasts. Since there are thousands of creatures in the Cluster, I'd rather have the toolkit in place to make them and a few examples to get you started. The bazzak would be common pack and war beasts: easy to breed, easily trained, adaptable to a variety of environments, and foundational as a 'big lizard' archetype.

Right away, I can see these in some introductory adventures, too. Smuggle some Bazzak eggs to an outpost; steal some eggs from a nest; recover a bazzak that has gone missing; there are several decent starting options here.


 

2 comments:

  1. Edit: I am enjoying the game a LOT less now. Wow that turned quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this creature's name being used as a pejorative: "She's a real Bazzak Beast when it comes to her mushroom casserole," etc. :)

    ReplyDelete