Monday, January 17, 2022

Skywalker


My favorite Luke is Bespin Luke. It is the only LEGO minifigure I want but do not have (yet). Believe it or not, this might be the only drawing of Luke I have ever done. I mean, I've rarely tried to draw actual Star Wars characters (Vader being the notable exception). This was just a quick doodle, and I didn't use a photo reference at all, and I think this is a very evocative version of Luke. Not sure why, but I feel like this captures his essence pretty well for a quick sketch. I would put this in the book for Shards of Tomorrow if I could, but Disney has a lot of money and a lot of lawyers, and I have neither. 

5 comments:

  1. I doubt Disney could claim that this was absolutely, Luke, especially if you changed color of his hair, shirt, or eyes or something :) Great drawing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Use your mental powers, Duke."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His wise mentor Dobi Von Gobi is training him well in the mental powers. He even used them to destroy a Moonkiller Starbase with a phase torpedo. It was a whole thing.

      Delete