Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thank You!

The Kickstarter for Army Ants has now ended, and we came in at $4,216 (which I'm VERY pleased with) and 85 backers (which I'm even MORE pleased with). In the last few days, I've seen the names pop up of people who sent me an e-mail or traded letters or commented on my games a year ago, or three years ago... or a decade ago. It's been incredible to see how many people have been following my work for as long as they have. It's been incredible getting e-mails from people who have encouraged me and said kind things and generally sent positive vibes my way. I know that not everyone could or felt comfortable with supporting a Kickstarter right now, and I totally get that.

I started the Kickstarter because I really wanted to be able to justify spending the next few months working on Army Ants stuff, but I wasn't sure that anyone cared enough about my work to invest that much time and energy into it. It's safe to say that you've all answered my question.

I truly cannot express my gratitude for everything. Now, it's time to get to work! I'll keep you posted. Keep sending me feedback on the direction of the game, and on what you'd like to see for the world.

You all ROCK.

- Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment