Monday, August 4, 2014

Tales of the Splintered Realm

So, in addition to publishing my weekly Army Ants webcomic and preparing to release my new game, Saga of the Splintered Realm, into the wild next year... I've also kind of been working on a novel.

I've actually been working on the novel for about six years (far more off than on), but a few things fell into place in the last month or so that got me over the hump with much of it. As it is right now, the book will be a central story (about 45,000 words) with another 3-5 short stories published with it as 'Tales of the Splintered Realm Volume 1'. I assumed that I would wait until I was 50 until I got into the novel publishing business, but I suppose my plan got moved up by about 8 years.

You can read a preview story introducing two of the main characters to give you a sense of what it's about. More information will follow... (of course). I'm hoping to align the release of the book with post #500 (which is about 25 posts away), and we'll see how the stars align on all of that good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment