Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year... and Back in the Game(s)

I know I haven't posted in a bit, but it's been a crazy few months. Here's the short version...

I finally had surgery in late November (after two delays - one for bronchitis and another for weather), and by all accounts it was very successful. I was in the ICU for four days, but all of my doctors believe that they got the cancerous tumor that was growing in my sinus cavity. The surgery was even more extensive than I thought it would be - it left me with 55 stitches going across the top of my head, since they basically had to open me up and dig the tumor out. I have had a few weeks to recover my strength, and now I'm on to radiology. I started my 6-week daily radiation treatments yesterday, and so far I'm responding pretty well. All signs are positive.

Last week, I finally started going through some gaming stuff again and looking at my pile of notes, drafts and assorted sundries. It's going to take me a while to get it all organized and to compose everything that I want to for the next two books that I've promised KS backers, but I'm back on the job, and plan to spend a few hours on it every day for the next while. I plan to get back to a few updates a week, which shouldn't be too hard to do.

Thanks for your kind words and prayers throughout, and especially thank you to the KS backers for your incredible patience. I had set this month as the target for release of all materials, and the cancer and related surgeries/treatments 'put a huge monkey in that wrench' (as my friend Dave used to say)...

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment