Friday, May 9, 2014

Work In Progress: Army Ants Page Fall of Valhalla 3.12

Here is a sample from next week's page... Troy descends into the lair of the Termite Queen to learn of her powers. I am REALLY enjoying working on these pages, because (due in large part to Patreon and Kickstarter) I don't worry about what's going to happen on the business side as I draw! In the past, I have spent the vast majority of the time working on pages thinking/worrying/stressing about how the page would eventually see print, how it would eventually find an audience, and how I would ever find a way to make any money at all off of my work.

Now, I don't worry about those things! I think about cross hatching and textures. I think about where I want to drop in some blacks to fill in the image. I think about whether I want the Queen snarling or smirking. I think about how I can set up an element on this page that I can follow up on the next one. In short, I think about the PAGE.

It's so nice. And it's because of you!

I hope that you see the difference in the pages, because I sure do! By the way, if you are not a Patreon supporter and you'd like to give me a monthly 'attaboy', you can always drop a buck or two in my virtual tip jar...


No comments:

Post a Comment