Friday, August 6, 2021

Well THAT escalated quickly


I am submitting a draft of the deck for Shakespeare Deathmatch (revised) to DrivethruRPG to get a demo set and try it out. It's frickin' sweet. It does everything I wanted it to do three years ago, but wasn't quite sure how to solve. You've got your character, you are trying to deceive others, you have a lot of ways to deal damage, surprising things can occur, the setting has an effect on the game, and it is structured to sound and feel like a Shakespearean tragedy as you play it. It uses all of my crazy Shakespeare theories and little acting/directing things I learned about Shakespeare and his plays baked right into the core rules. And, it is quite expandable: I set things up that I can release 10 to 20 card boosters based on individual plays (maybe 2 new characters, 2 more settings, 2 more trickster cards, 4 special attack cards... and maybe a full set of basic attack cards just to fill your deck a little more each time). 

Sometimes I impress myself. Seriously. This is a fantastic game. Cannot wait to demo it for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment