Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Proof is in the... Pudding?

I received my proof copies of MTDAA Volume 1: Tour of Duty in the mail today. The box was a smidge beat up, and one of the copies (I ordered 5) had a ding in the corner... I hope that individual copies fare better from them. I'm a wee bit concerned, but at this point I'm all in with Createspace for my print publishing, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

I had to make a few minor tweaks to the cover and back cover, but everything else looks good. The book is how I always envisioned Army Ants, so that in and of itself is a win. The art was really built for this format.

If I get the approval in the next day or so (which I'm supposed to...) I will be direct shipping copies of Volume 1 to the Kickstarter backers who ordered it; this means you should have it by the end of next week, assuming all goes well.

I also received t-shirts and tattoos this week. I'm still waiting on the patches, still need to order the lunch boxes, and still have to design the character sheets. I hope to finish the Player's Guide in the next week or two, although I don't think that a June 1 launch for that is going to work out. Life has gotten quite busy of late. I'm going to make it a priority next week, but it may have to get in line behind my grad school class (which has had a 10-page paper due each week this month).

Consider yourself updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment