Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Going Forward - With Cupcakes!


I've got drafts going of the first three newsletters for Cupcake Scouts. I'm thinking it's a one-page monthly newsletter that includes a short 5-room dungeon style adventure, a few hooks of things happening about town, a monster or two, a little bit of magic, and maybe a relic here and there. For the first issue, I'm thinking that the girls end up in a corn maze fighting against the Corn King, John Barleycorn. He collects the spirits of little children and keeps them in his satchel. He's got some mechanical things that would make an encounter with him different - like you have to summon him after destroying so many living stands of corn, you have to say his name three times, he remains for only one minute, and you have to disarm him and cut his head off with his own scythe. So, lots of hoops to jump through to beat him. Then you have to figure out how to restore the souls to the poor kids who got harvested while in his maze at the county fair. 

It's a whole thing.

But, I'm also thinking that the three Cupcake Scouts I want to do my webcomic for (they appear on the cover of the rules, by the way - Alara, Harper, and Briar) will be fighting him in one of their early adventures. I'm sure I'll share more about that as I wade deeper into it...


No comments:

Post a Comment