Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Full Circle

I'm moving towards the final leg of my fantasy rules revision journey. I'd say over 90% of the game is written, much of that has been revised and edited, about half of the book has layout complete, and the finish line is in sight on this project ... a big part of the process has consisted of reviewing the material that I've created in the past, looking over previous editions, all my old (and older) artwork, going through folders of adventures and background material, and reading through each of the game books I've published.

The thing that I've realized about this edition is that I have come full circle. The game you are going to see in a few weeks has more in common with the first fantasy game I published in 2002 - ten years ago - a pdf called just "Mythweaver", before I started attaching subtitles throughout that game's history. All of the ideas I first laid out in that first game and started to play with, many of which I abandoned over the last few years but have recently returned to, have made it into the new game. This game has the newest incarnation of the Resolute engine running it (with a few tweaks), but its spirit is the same spirit that infused that game a decade ago.

So, my next game is going to be Mythweaver: Legacy. It will be out in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

4 comments:

  1. really looking forward to the new release :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erik... although I can't imagine you'll have time to look at it! Every time I swing by your blog, I see that you've got another huge game you're in the midst of devouring... fortunately, mine will only be about 80 pages or so, so it shouldn't be as big of a commitment as RQ or DCC... you're a busy guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me, I'll be the first to buy as soon as I see it come up in my RSS feed. While I may not get to run your games often, I love your new ideas, perseverance, and also helping out a fellow minor publisher with my money. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate all of the above! I feel a responsibility to make sure I'm putting my best foot forward, because I know of several people who have supported me for a long while, and I truly want to make sure that I am worthy of that support.

    ReplyDelete