Sunday, April 13, 2014

Army Ants Patreon Campaign Launches


For several months, I've been considering launching a Patreon Campaign to support the Michael T. Desing's Army Ants webcomic. I delayed because I didn't want to run overlapping fundraising campaigns. I even considered delaying the launch of this campaign further, seeing as I just finished the KS campaign for Saga of the Splintered Realm last night. However, I decided to go ahead and launch for a few reasons:

1. These are different projects, with different bases of followers. Many of the followers/backers of Saga of the Splintered Realm and my fantasy RPG work do not overlap with followers of the Army Ants work.

2. I've continued to produce the Army Ants webcomic, and I want to be able to reach a larger audience, and to be able to justify spending more time on it. As it is, I have a full-time job, a part-time job writing test questions for a test-development company, and often take on roles chaperoning and serving in other capacities in my school. I want to be able to look at my calendar every month and carve out more time for Army Ants. If this means giving up an extra-curricular activity or chaperoning a few less dances and concerts, I'm all for it!

3. I need to stop feeling like I should not ask people to support my work. When a creator releases a new work, they ask their followers to help support it. I should be no different.

Signing up to support the campaign is easy, and it will cost you only a dollar or two a month (if that's all you can afford to give). The Saga of the Splintered Realm Kickstarter gave me the opportunity to increase how plugged in I am to the larger online community. Now, I want to carve out a niche for myself online, and make MTDAA into the greatest comic it can be.

I hope that you'll help me to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment