Saturday, April 12, 2014

Thank You!

Thank you so much to the 99 backers who have signed on for Saga of the Splintered Realm! You have helped to raise $3438 to put together an awesome boxed set, and I'm well on my way to getting this done and into your hands. I know that RPGs are a luxury and not a need, and that many of you already have enough gaming material to keep you going forever. I am very grateful to each one of you who showed support for this project, and who pitched in towards it. Because we hit this point, the project will involve:

- Three books of at least 100 pages each (my target right now is 112 for each book).
- $700 for an art budget to hire some fantastic artists to illustrate the books. This means at least 14 illustrations by great artists in the OSR community, and at least another 20 pieces that I complete. You will own the full rights to publish and use all of this art when the books are released.
- The books go up as 'Pay What You Want' digital downloads, so you will always be able to get e-books into the hands of other players so the buy in to get up to speed with the game is nil.
- A double-sided map with the Splintered Realm on one side, and the city of Nethil Bay on the other.

I will be using this blog primarily, and the KS page for big announcements, to keep you posted on goings-on with the game. Please feel free to keep sending feedback and ideas my way. The first step will be to lock down the core rules (and we're a large part of the way there), and then to complete the Vault of the Goblin and Campaign setting books.

I have said it many times, but I truly love being part of such a supportive, positive and kind community of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment