Saturday, January 8, 2022

Game Vibes



After I saw Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time, I remember telling Mary, "if the next Star Wars is this good, I'll be happy."

It wasn't. 

That said, the design philosophy underpinning this game comes down to this basic idea: If the next Star Wars movie was directed by Taika Waititi from a script by James Gunn. Or, directed by James Gunn from a script by Taika Waititi. I mean, you get the idea. I want the world-building to hew closer to Star Wars, but I want the game to feel like Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor: Ragnarok.

That said, this picture is Morg on a skim cycle being chased by a pair of Aegis Atmospheric Interceptors, in both original sketch and possible final drawing. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for this vibe! The first Guardians flick did have a nice, rollicking, danger-filled but fun feeling to it that I think will fit your design groove nicely. And that drawing is a fine example: The Morg is in grave danger, but the vibe is like "uh-oh! chase scene!" :)

    ReplyDelete