Monday, January 10, 2022

Shards Cover Basic Layout One



I really like the covers of both the original Shards of Tomorrow and Tales of the Splintered Realm. The two have the same basic idea: a hero in the foreground moving to explore the ruins of something from the distant past. For this cover, I wanted to echo the scale of the game; you're a little, tiny hero in a huge cosmic playground. There's not much that is 'locked in' on this cover; the colors are basically place holders just so I could see the basic design with some color contrast. It's the vibe I want, so I think that this may be the basic design. I have quite a bit of work to do on it, but this is where it's going (I think). I tend to like covers that go for mood over action (says the guy who put an action shot of two supers in a slugfest on the cover of his last game). Such is the case here.

No comments:

Post a Comment