Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Rumek

The game needs a foundational mook creature that can be part of armies and serve as fodder - I present the rumek. I want them to have a little something that makes them at least somewhat interesting, so I'm going with the whole Jawa thing - these are little scavengers who are mechanically-inclined, and they're always gathering parts and building crazy war machines that are just as likely to deal damage to their enemies as to spontaneously combust and wipe out the whole colony. Go big or go home is the Rumek way. I think they're a little over a meter tall, and they've build their own small blast carbines that deal 2D4 damage. Here is the line drawing and final color work for these guys.  

They have me considering that a species, when presented, should get a full-page write up with the base creature, one or two elite types, one or two of their vehicles, and maybe some technology or a relic they value. Give each one a little more fleshing out as they are introduced. Maybe there's even a sidebar on the species as a PC - how to play them, what vocations they select, that sort of thing.

1 comment:

  1. I like 'em! Goblins, Gnomes, and Jawas,oh my! The species spotlight format sounds like a good idea for the occasional "supplement" publication :)

    ReplyDelete