Monday, March 27, 2023

Inching Closer to Publication



I'm getting a little closer to publishing the revised ruleset for Hack'D & Slash'D, and you can tell I'm very close because I created a character sheet today. That's usually my 'tell' that I'm feeling like the rules are pretty far along. It's a simple, clean character sheet for a simple, clean game.

I've also drafted the text for DriveThruRPG, so that's another tell that I'm getting close. April 1 seems like a good target for a release date - I want to do a little bit of high-level group roleplaying with some more significant monsters to test out some other abilities and magic in more depth, but beyond that I think I'm near the edge of ready.

2 comments:

  1. What mewee group are you in?
    And how difficult is it to publish with Drive Thru?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not in any Mewee groups (that I participate in)... and publishing on Drive Thru is not very hard. I signed up with them when it was RPGNow, and my account migrated over. It's been maybe fifteen years that I've been publishing there, so I don't know what the process is like now getting started. At first, I had to register, pay a fee (maybe $40) and have my first few projects approved before they went live. Now, I just enter the information and upload files. It's a quick process now, but I've been doing it a while.

      Delete