Saturday, June 1, 2024

Before and After

I thought it would be helpful for me to see, and maybe to show others, how the game and my style have evolved in the last two years. First, here is a stat block for Gila the Monster from Stalwart Age...


Next, here is a new drawing and stat block for Gila from Stalwart...

Gila the Monster
Paragon Villain (D8/4[2]); Hits 18; Villain Points 4
Might D10 (5); Mind D4 (2); Power D6 (3); Reflex D6 (3)
Amphibious; Invulnerable (5); Weapon, Claws (D10)
Brawl (+1); Popularity (+2; lizards/amphibians only); Sneak (+1)
Limitation: -1 shift if he is out of water for more than 24 hours.

So... the art and the stat block have come a long way. Both are simpler and cleaner. The word bold comes to mind. Both the stat block and the art have a bit more of a sense of being bold.

1 comment:

  1. Two things - I updated the stat block for Gila to be a paragon (I had built him as a super on accident), and I re-formatting the game rules to fit in a single column. I think if I print this, it might be at comic-book size... I picked the closest option in Google Docs (which is limited in how you set up pages) to get the formatting into comic size, even though the margins are HUGE. Hopefully it's a little easier to read on a device now.

    ReplyDelete