Saturday, July 29, 2023

I Can't Even...

This is the starkest example I could possibly provide of how far my art has come in the last five years. I'm honestly a little stunned. The first image is my original Cupcake Scouts cover. I had JUST started trying to work in color, and I really felt uncomfortable. I had no idea what I was doing, but I had made up my mind that I was going to figure it out. I can see what I was TRYING to do, but it's just not very good. 

Below that, you see the drawing I did this morning. I did a version with a white border around the characters to pop them a little against the background. Mary likes the non-white border version, but Grace and I both like the white border version better. Honestly, either one is fine - they are both WORLDS beyond what I was able to do just a few years ago. 

I'm really, really happy with how this looks.




No comments:

Post a Comment