Saturday, February 12, 2022

Doc's First Story Arc is Done!

Over on the Stalwart Age page, I have (at long last) posted the final chapter of the first Doc Stalwart story arc. I was tempted not to post it there, and to just put it in the collection I'll be publishing in the next day or two on Amazon, but I wanted to thank those of you who've been supporting and following along, so you get to read it for free. I mean, anyone can read it for free, because I'm going to leave it up, but only a few people know about my page. I WANT more people to know about it, but I have no idea how to make that happen. So, I'll post the complete novella to Amazon and see if that gets more traction.

To say I'm proud of how this came together would be underselling it. I managed to pull together all of the threads I wanted to from the previous nine installments, and I feel like it's a very satisfying and complete ending. As you'll see, I do an whole MCU post-credits scene thing, so you know I've got the next story in my mental pipeline somewhere, but not sure when I'll be getting that started. I have notes and ideas, but it's pretty vague right now. A few major beats, and that's about it.

I'm going to spend a little time reading this over and checking consistency; I think there might be a few things I want to tweak in the earlier chapters just to make sure I maximize the payoff at the end, but as is it's pretty solid. I'm putting the cover here for the trade, so you know how that turned out, too.

By the way, the book is 96 pages and 23,771 words, so it's pretty substantial. It's about 1/3 of a novel, but I'm happy with that. I don't need to write novels. I just need to be me.

6 comments:

  1. Will there be physical copies, or just Kindle/PDF? Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Physical copies are nigh. It just has to go through the process; they will be $7.99, which I'm happy about.

      Delete
  2. I've bought both new books on Amazon, and submitted reviews for both! The benefits of being an advance reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. That means so much to me. I really, really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Do you know how to set this up on Goodreads? They are tied to Amazon, so I would *hope* that it wouldn't be that difficult. I'd like to share these on my account over there and leave reviews, etc.

    ReplyDelete