Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Practicing What I Preach: More Questions Than Answers

I decided to do a piece of spot art for a section that needed it, and started doodling... and then added some things... and then came up with a name. So, I'd like to introduce you to Idrys the Prophetess. I mean, I'd like to introduce you to her, but I can't. Because I literally know nothing else about her. I mean... her name is Idrys. And she's a prophetess. And. Um. 

So. Many. Questions.

I mean, I have theories in the form of questions. Is she the last of the Naru? The first of a new species? Is she descended from Yahalla? Is she one of Yahalla's handmaidens who survived the nexus? Is she from another galaxy? Another realm altogether? Is she the greatest of intuits, or not really an intuit at all? How do the messari feel about her? How does she feel about them? Does she feel? Does she ever open her other two eyes, or is it only the third eye in the middle? Does that third eye only see into the supernatural realm? Can she see in this realm at all? 

SO. MANY. QUESTIONS.

I have no answers. And, not only am I comfortable with that, I embrace it. I'm going to drop her into the core rules as is with no further explanation, and I suppose we'll figure it out together as we go.

2 comments:

  1. A mystery is a lot better than finding out that Wolverine is really "James Howlett," after all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Boba Fett never should have taken his helmet off.

      Delete