Thursday, February 10, 2022

Editing Update

Close final editing continues. I got through half of the book yesterday, but it was a slog. Editing is my least favorite part of the process. I cannot have music in the background. I cannot vibe out. I cannot get into a zone. I have to pull apart each sentence, ask my brain if what my eye just read is what is what is actually on the page, ask if that aligns with everything that is on every other page, if I always capitalize that this way or phrase it that way, and if I'm missing something someone else might need. Over time, I've become better at this earlier (do you 'attempt a Feat', 'make a Feat', or 'try a Feat'? I don't know, but I better decide the first time I write it and then write it the same way every time, or I'm going to spend an extra few hours later in editing purgatory).

It's the least fun part of the process, but vitally important. The worst feeling in the world is when you release a game and seventeen minutes later someone in the discussion is like 'why aren't there any starship rules'? Oh. There were GOING to be, but I guess I forgot to actually, you know, write those.

Anyhow, back to editing.

And here's a rat I drew, because your game has to have rats. I think that's a rule somewhere. 

2 comments: