Sunday, February 6, 2022

Worldbuilding Book?

On the suggestion of my good friend Robert (soon to be Dr. Robert), I started reviewing the blog posts from the worldbuilding series. This morning I pasted them all into one document, played with formatting, did a first round of edits... and I have a book that is 34 pages and just shy of 10,000 words long. Dang. Then I threw together a cover, and I may have my first Amazon / DrivethruRPG release in the pipeline... I want to at least give it a few more days to simmer, but this feels pretty far along, and covers most of the bases that I think are important. It also includes the post that I'll be putting up tomorrow, and I think there might be one or two more in here somewhere before it's all done. However, this feels like a cool little book that might find an audience. 

I thought it would be neat to do a new drawing, but have the cover show the 'in process' sort of work, since that kind of what the whole blog and series is about :)  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sign me up for THAT! Love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cover is great, really like how you did that! Reference the world building book: as you let things percolate, have you considered adding anything about using creative writing (and how to do creative writing) along with art to flesh out the world. You demonstrate this to a certain extent on your blog all the time with short stories, backstories and the pieces of art you draw. It adds some unique elements to the world building process that I don't think is talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I was thinking of throwing your blog posts into a document for my own use but hey, if you do it for me, even better! And I like the cover also.

    ReplyDelete