Monday, April 24, 2023

LEGO Cormorant Complete

 Here is the completed LEGO version of Sky Stalwart's starship, the Cormorant. It features:

  • A cockpit with phase pistol, vac helmet, and jet pack at the ready for exploring space.
  • A hold with a work area, kitchen/bunk, computer system, and storage for land exploration (backpack, walkie-talkie, and binoculars).
  • A detachable cockpit for stealth missions and short-range exploration.
  • The middle back engine piece actually detaches and hooks to the back of the explorer pod/cockpit, but it's a little tricky to pull it apart, and I forgot when I was taking pictures :)
I had WAY too much fun building this. 







4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I have found a groove in my builds - I've been collecting LEGO for the last 20 years, but it's only this year that my own builds have started to look somewhere in the ballpark of official builds.

      Delete
    2. It really does look like it was built from a boxed set. I like how the cockpit detaches. Reminds me of a toy I had when I was a kid.

      Delete
    3. I have a few old space sets from when I was little, and I intentionally used some of those classic elements in the build just to give it touches of that look.

      Delete