Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Monster Mash

I just did a big update to the living bestairy for Hack'D & Slash'D. It now includes 50 creatures (Edit: Now 51!), and includes most of the most iconic monsters (to me) along with a few more unusual variations on some classic archetypes. One of the things I'm finding that I like about both the game and how monsters work in it is that monsters tend to have one or two unique things to them. I like that the stat blocks are pretty simple, but most monsters have at least one thing that makes an encounter with them different than just roll to hit and roll to soak being hit. There are fifty different monsters there, and while some are quite similar (the ghast is just a more powerful form of the ghoul), there are quite a few varieties of things to give each encounter a different feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment