Sunday, June 27, 2021

Army Ants Return!

I was thinking about the kind of stories that might have been in the backup stories that appeared in the Golden Age Doc Stalwart comic series, and I realized that a war story would have been appropriate; this was kind of the vibe of comics of the time (the military books are a little later historically, but I can tweak it and make it fit well enough). And I was thinking... I've already published a war comic of sorts...

The idea is that the army ants appeared in the backup story several times, and one issue later in the run (maybe issue 14), had the army ants cross over with Doc - he is hit by a shrink ray and goes on an adventure with the ants.

But, I'm also thinking that later writers would 'wink wink, nudge nudge' to the Golden Age. There is an adventure where Doc is hooked up to a dream machine, and he visits, you guessed it, the army ants. This would make them 'canon' for Doc's universe. So I am creating a shared universe for all of my creations, finding a way to fit them into the massive sand box I'm making.

This is some next level s***.

No comments:

Post a Comment