Saturday, June 12, 2021

Monument Redux


I didn't really like my drawing of Monument from last week - I felt at the time that it was a draft, and that I'd be revising him at some point. Today, I was going through and re-reading some of my drafts for Doc Stalwart short stories (which I'm going to be updating, cleaning up, and continuing as well), and found the story draft where he first appears. I think I might re-work that story entirely (because I actually have a cool idea for what I can do with the character that's a little different, and puts him a little more directly into Doc's world). As I was thinking about him, I did a new draft. I like this image much better.

I really like how my style is evolving with this project. I have found a sweet spot - the images are sort of iconic, evoke some of the black silhouettes of the previous game's edition, have echoes of the Batman Animated visuals that I love so much (and which have been mimicked to the point of exhaustion), but are still 'me'. They don't look like anyone else's images that I can think of (I see a leeeetle bit of Mike Mignola in there I guess) but still feel like they work. 

I've got ideas for a publishing plan going forward. I think I've found my ongoing project :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment